Become an Affiliate Member
Thank you for your interest in becoming an Affiliate Member of the Northwest Montana Association of Realtors (NMAR). As this process can be confusing at times, please call our office at any time (406) 752-4197.
To join as an Affiliate Member complete the Affiliate application and pay the appropriate dues and fees. Click Here for PDF Application
Policy & Benefits of becoming an NMAR Affiliate
(NMAR Policy Document, Section 1.08 Affiliate Membership)
- Affiliate membership is available to any company or individual supportive of Realtor principles and private property rights, is familiar with the Realtor Code of Ethics, the governing documents of NMAR, MAR and NAR, and commits to abide by the Code of Ethics and governing documents.
- NMAR offers two types of affiliate memberships – “Company” Affiliate membership and “Individual” Affiliate membership.There is no application fee.
- The annual dues are $100 per year for NMAR affiliate membership regardless of type (Company or Individual).
- Individual Affiliates may elect to receive an affiliate membership with the Montana Association of Realtors (MAR) for an additional $50 per year fee, which is waived if the applicant evidences payment of the MAR affiliate dues through another local Realtor association. Due are not prorated and are a flat rate for the calendar year regardless of when the affiliate member joins.
- Company Affiliate membership is for the business, which designates a Contact person. If at any time the designated Contact person is no longer affiliated with the company, then a new Contact person can be designated by the Company.Company affiliate membership does not provide membership in the National Association of Realtors (no NRDs, National Realtor Database, number is assigned) and neither the company nor the designated contact person may contribute to RPAC. The Designated Contact Person may request up to two additional individuals to be their Representatives. The Representatives will receive all email communications from NMAR and will be entitled to serve on committees.
- Individual Affiliate membership is held by the individual person (not the company for which he/she works) and transfers with the individual if employment changes.Individual Affiliate members are entered into the National Realtor Database, are assigned a NRDs number, and may contribute to RPAC.
- A Company Affiliate member’s Designated Contact Person (or Representative(s)) and an Individual Affiliate member may serve on NMAR Committees, subject to ratification by the Board of Directors, and as allowed by the bylaws, policies and other governing documents (e.g., Affiliates may not be elected to the Board of Directors, may not serve on the Budget & Finance Committee, or on Professional Standards Committee).
- An Affiliate member (or the Designated Contact Person or Representative) may not chair a committee, but may serve as a sub-committee chair at the discretion and direction of the Committee Chair.
- While an Affiliate member is encouraged to partake in committee activities and NMAR values their opinions and information, an Affiliate member (or the Designated Contact Person or Representative) is not entitled to vote on decisions made by committees.
- An affiliate member (or the Designated Contact Person or Representative) may be appointed to a Presidential Task Force. It shall be at the discretion of the Board President whether the Affiliate Member shall be entitled to a vote on the Task Force.
- The “benefits” of NMAR Affiliate membership include:
- Networking opportunities with NMAR REALTOR members and other Affiliate Members, including but not limited to membership meetings, weekly MLS meetings, social activities ;
- Listing on the nmar.com website, including a URL link to Affiliate member’s website;
- Affiliate member “focus” article in the Member e-bulletin at least annually;
- Being provided, along with all other Affiliate members, the opportunity to sponsor events at NMAR including Education Courses;
- Member bulletins, which will be sent to the Designated Contact Person and up to 2 other representatives;
- Access to the NMAR Membership roster on at least a quarterly basis;
- Education Certificates and courses at the reduced NMAR Member price; and
- Other benefits as determined by the Board of Directors.
- When an Individual Affiliate elects membership in the Montana Association of REALTORS® they also receive the following MAR benefits:
- Affiliate Membership in the Montana Association of REALTORSâ;
- Collective Legislative and lobbying efforts locally and in Helena;
- Access to Montana Association of Realtors website;
- Montana Association of Realtors publications; and
- Other benefits as determined by the Mar Board of Directors.