NMAR Charitable Foundation
~ REALTORS® Care ~
The NMAR Charitable Foundation makes grants available to organizations from donations by its REALTOR® and Affiliate members and friends. We are committed to the welfare and prosperity of the communities where we live and work. Through our charitable contributions and member involvement, we strive to help create more productive and enriched communities.
Non-profit organizations operating within the areas served by the Northwest Montana Association of REALTORS® are eligible for grant consideration provided they meet the evaluation criteria below.
Grant applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- The community need for the expenditure, as well as the number of people who will be served.
- The impact on the recipient organization.
- The location of the community served. (Although requests for state, national and international projects are considered, preference is given to projects with a more local base.)
- The financial soundness and efficiency of the organization.
- Accuracy and completeness of the application.
- The structure of volunteer organization and level of volunteer support.
- Appropriate use of previous grants. (If applicable).
The application form must be completed and sent with the following:
- A list of the applicant organization's Board of Directors and Executive Staff.
- The names of three people or agencies that may be contacted as references.
- Annual budget with year-to-date financial statements.
- A copy of the IRS tax-exempt determination letter.
- A copy of your prior year tax return.
The Charitable Foundation Trustees meet quarterly (March, June, September, and December) to evaluate applications. Applications must be received by February 15, May 15, August 15, and November 15 in order to be considered at the quarterly meeting.