1. NMAR gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. NMAR uses this information to:
Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools.
Notify you of updates to our sites.
Notify you of relevant products and services.
Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
Track usage of our sites.
Assist local affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. NMAR may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NMAR together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via the REALTOR® Electronic Commerce Network will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. NMAR follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites.
7. You may edit your personal contact information by contacting us directly.